Winter Tactical Suit
In 2007 a military contractor needed a two piece waterproof insulated suit for cold weather tactical field training. TD was hired to design and fabricate a prototype suit for this application. Some of the requirements were..
- Warmth without bulk and easy maneuverability
- High wear resistance
- Low noise level fabrics
- Dirt shedding characteristics
All fabrics had to be USA manufactured to meet Berry Amendment compliance. Tech specs include:
- Waterproof, windproof, breathable 660 denier Taslan nylon shell,
GoreTex® membrane and DuPont™ Teflon® fabric protection
- Double stitched, 100% seam-sealed
- Cocona® insulation
- 1000 denier ballistic nylon reinforced elbows, knees and seat
Both jacket and pants feature ergonomic engineering to provide comfort and full range of motion. Dual zipper vents and pit zips provide temperature regulation. Fully adjustable gusseted sleeve cuffs and leg gators to keep snow and moisture out. An adjustable waist gaiter that attaches to pants to make a suit. Multiple pockets and internal stretch lycra pockets for internal electronics, optics and gear.